1820 - 1889 (69 years)
||John Aue |
||26 Aug 1820
||Cumberland Co., PA
||20 Sep 1889
||Freeport, Stephenson Co., IL
||13 May 2023 |
||Jacob Aue, b. 12 Jan 1795, Hopewell Twp.,Cumberland, PA d. 7 Feb 1857, Clinton, Franklin Twp., Summit Co., OH (Age 62 years) |
||Susannah Traxler, b. 17 Jan 1798, Shippensburg, Cumberland Co., PA d. 14 Jul 1868, Lena, West Point Twp., IL; burial: Lena, Stephenson, IL (Age 70 years) |
||6 Mar 1817
||North Carlisle, Cumberland Co., PA
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Aue, John (1820-1889) |
Individual photo “most likely” of John Aue was taken in the mid-1860’s and came from the Aue/Aü Archives by William T. Dahlberg. Three genealogists confirm "most likely" status.
||Aue, John (1820-1889) & Mariah Spangler (1826-1893) |
2-Persons photo of (L-R) John Aue and Mariah Spangler Aue was taken in the early to mid-1880’s and came from the Aue/Aü Archives by William T. Dahlberg.
Concerning the individuals in the Descendancy of Johanes Henrich (John Henry) Aue/Aü and Christine Barbara Lutz:
Donna Forney Clark:
A VERY LONG STORY SHORTENED:
Johanes Henrich (John Henry) Aue/Aü (b. abt. 1745- d. 1821)
Christine Barbara Lutz (b. abt. 1754- d. 1818)]
Maria Margaret Au (b.1784), daughter of Johanes and Christine Lutz Aue/Aü
Samuel Baughman, husband of Maria Margaret Au
Samuel Disert (b. abt. 1780)
Samuel Disert (b. 1810)
Cumberland Co., PA, and Franklin Co., PA, (abt. 1780-1810)
1. Originally in our database I listed Maria Margaret Au (b.1784) as the wife of Samuel Disert (b. abt. 1780).
2. Maria Margaret Au (b.1784) was married instead to Samuel Baughman.
3. Samuel Disert's wife was also named Margaret Au. Their son Samuel Disert (b. 1810) was born in Cumberland Co., PA, the same county where Johanes Henrich (John Henry) Aue/Aü and Christine Barbara Lutz lived, yet I have no proof that Maria Margaret Au Baughman and Margaret Au Disert are the same person.
THE REMEDY AND RESOLUTION:
4. The Descendancy of Johanes Henrich (John Henry) Aue/Aü and Christine Barbara Lutz is still in our database, but now it is free-floating, unattached from our line until I can find the connection with our Margaret Au.
William T. Dahlberg:
Name, dates, & the following info:
John Awe, as the name is spelled on his headstone, served in the Civil War.
SEE JUSTINE BAUGH'S SITE FOR COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION AND REFERENCES:
Baugh, Wade, Overton, Dement and others:
1. Jacob AUE was born 12 Jan 1795 in (Nr) Newburg, Cumberland Co., PA, and died 7 Feb 1857 in (Prob) Clinton, Franklin Twp., Summit Co., OH. She married Susanna TRAXLER 6 Mar 1817 in (Nr) Carlisle, Cumberland Co., PA, daughter of Peter TRAXLER and Maria UNKNOWN. She was born 17 Jan 1798 in Southampton Twp., Cumberland Co., PA, and died 14 Jul 1868 in West Point Twp., Stephenson Co., IL.
Children of Jacob AUE and Susanna TRAXLER are:
2 i. Peter AUE was born 1818 in (Prob/Nr) Newburg, Cumberland Co., PA, and died 24 Dec 1871 in Butler Co., PA.
3 ii. John AUE was born 26 Aug 1820 in Cumerberland Co., PA, and died 20 Sep 1889 in Freeport, Stevenson Co., IL.
4 iii. Henry AUE was born 6 Apr 1821 in (Poss) Stark Co., OH, and died 31 Aug 1904 in Massillon, Stark Co., OH @83.2.25.
5 iv. William AUE was born 18 Feb 1824 in Stark Co., OH, and died 9 Apr 1920 in Summitt Co., OH.
6 v. Mary Ann AUE was born 1825 in Stark Co., OH, and died 1854 in Clinton, Summit Co., OH.
7 vi. Elizabeth AUE was born 22 Jan 1829 in (Prob) Manchester, Stark Co. OH, and died 15 Dec 1902 in Buckeye Twp., Stevenson Co., IL.
8 vii. Amanda AUE was born 14 Sep 1830 in (Prob) Manchester, Stark Co., OH, and died 16 Jun 1898 in (Nr) Lena, Stevenson Co., IL.
9 viii. Jacob AUE was born Abt 1834 in Stark Co., OH, and died 15 Feb 1863 in Gallatin, TN.
10 ix. Samuel AUE was born 1835 in Stark Co., OH, and died 10 Feb 1863 in Stafford Court House, VA.
+11 x. Harvey AUE was born 25 Mar 1839 in (Prob) Manchester, Franklin Twp., Stark Co., OH, and died 22 Jun 1915 in Spokane, Spokane Co., WA.
Cumberland County Pennsylvania Archives:
Margaret Au married Samuel Baughman. (Maria Margaret b 22 Sep 1784 (bpt 17 Oct 1784); md Samuel Baughman/Bowan;)
Judy Thayer has done much work on the Aue/Aü line, including Lutz. Some of her research may be found at Cumberland County Pennsylvania Archives.
This site powered by v. 14.0, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2023.
Maintained by .